Child Care today is recognized as a key support for families. Second only to the immediate family, child care is where early development unfolds, starting in infancy and continuing through school entry. The quality of this experience shapes their future. Child care programs are caring communities that support children and families as they work together to develop responsible, caring adults.
Looking for care
- For questions or to report complaints, contact Child Care Licensing at 451-3198
- What is the difference between child care and preschool in Alaska?
- Working with your child care provider
- Thread Child Care Assistance
- Financial Assistance for Military Families
- Financial Assistance for Tribal members
- Can you afford to stay home?
- Return to work or stay at home?